RESTful APIs had become a widely used standard… even though there hardly is a standard. Painting everything in the same brush can cause unforeseen troubles such as:
– in a fast paced world, things change fast and REST does not support that,
– resource model is defined in advance and has fixed data structure, it’s not client-driven,
– fixed endpoint models quite often lead to fetching unnecessary data,
– often multiple calls are required to solve a single problem,
– building client applications require suitable backend endpoints to exist.
These pitfalls can be easily avoided by adopting GraphQL. Let me show you how.